Senior Care Live is a unique weekend program designed to help those who are taking care of America’s aging population. Nationally, there are 39.8 million unpaid family and friend caregivers, and almost 46.9 million elderly care-recipients. Senior Care Live provides information, education, and resources for seniors and their caregivers.
The host, Steve Kuker, is an experienced healthcare executive, with over 30 years of experience in the business of senior care. He has been a regular on Kansas City radio since 2013. Steve also serves as the President of Senior Care Consulting, based in Kansas City. He is a recognized authority on the broad subject of senior care.
US Senior Care Facts:
- 60% of caregivers are women, 40% are men
- The average age of caregivers is 50
- The average age of care recipients is 70
- On average, caregivers provide care for 4.6 years
- Caregivers provide an average of 24.4 hours of care per week
Core categories discussed on Senior Care Live include:
- How to remain independent at home
- When to consider moving from home to a senior care community
- How to choose the right senior care community
- How to pay for the high cost of senior care
- Elder law and estate planning issues
- How to care for the caregiver
- Senior-related health issues
- And much more!